Art and Design
Click on the button below to find out more about our Art and Design curriculum from Nursery to Year 6.
MILLBROOK ART KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS LADDER
INTENT FOR ART AND DESIGN
- To know how to become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques.
- To know they are able to, and feel keen to express their individual ideas through creative work
- To have a growing knowledge about a range of great female and male artists, craft makers, designers and architects, and to understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
- To know where to find out about artists and to see their work.
- To use knowledge to begin to evaluate and analyse creative work, including their own, using the language of art, craft and design
- To add to the children’s deepening knowledge about the ten Millbrook concepts in order to become well educated citizens
- To know that art plays an important role in living life in all its fullness.
Padlett of the staff's creations when focusing on progression in clay